Upper Elementary Academy Half-Day Program Grades 4-6, Tuesday
Teacher: Julia Davis
Upper Elementary Academy (Grades 4-6)
This is a one-day per week, 4.5-hour drop-off program for students in grades 4-6. The parent is NOT required to stay on campus during this time. All teachers have had a background check completed.
- Literature – Renee Jackson
- Quarter 1 – The One and Only Ivan
- Quarter 2 – From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
- Biology – Cheryl Demas
- This school year we will spend more time on our science topics so we can develop a deeper understanding of our physical world. The first semester will take us into the building blocks of life – an introduction to biology and the animal kingdom. Using discussion and inquiry, we will learn about the tiniest units of life and build them out to explore the animal kingdom.
- Art – Cheryl Demas
- With so much stunning art in the world, we are going to broaden our scope this year. We will do projects that reflect our science and literature topics. We will get our hands dirty (well, maybe just painty) as we explore famous artworks, learn basic art principles, and get wild with our own ideas. And we will have fun with art!
- Music – Pious Honny
- Music is fun! Understanding the fundamentals of music theory gives students a base for playing all kinds of music. In this class, students will use a mixture of a piano keyboard, drums, flashcards and other media to engage students and start their path to becoming a musician. By the end of the course, students will understand basic musical elements such as rhythm, intervals, keys, scales, chords and harmony and how to read written music, including the signs and terminology commonly used.
Instructors: Renee J, Pious H, Cheryl D
Minimum Required Enrollment: 7
Course Length: 4.5 hour class once per week/ 13 weeks / 58.5 hours / semester
Quarter 2– 4.5 hour class once per week/ 7 weeks/ 31.5 hours
Cost: $315 per quarter Q2