Middle School Academy Half-Day Program Grades 6-8, Wednesday
Teacher: Julia Davis
Inquisiminds Middle School Academy, Grades 6-8
This is a one day per week, 4.5-hour drop-off program for students in grades 6-8. The parent is not required to stay on campus during this time.
- 9:30-10:25 Building Self Esteem (Elizabeth Campodonico): Students will learn how to raise their self-esteem and build personal confidence through the use of affirmations, strong, positive statements, to help them accomplish their dreams and goals. Forgiveness and the necessity of self-forgiveness and how it affects them for their own peace of mind will be discussed. She will also encourage self-love and gratitude which is essential to happily succeeding in life.
- 10:25 – 10:35 Break outside
- 10:35 – 11:30 Exploration of the Spanish Speaking World (Renee Jackson): This class will focus on the geography, culture, and history of countries worldwide that have been heavily influenced by Spain. There will be a variety of activities that will utilize our creative, discussion, and analytical skills. There will be light homework each week in the form of short readings and videos.
- 11:30 -11:55 Lunch
- 11:55-12:50 WordCRUNCH – Writing Explorations (Stephanie Gillespie): This class is chock-full of writing games, wacky ways to wanna write, and innovative writing explorations that help writers tame their Inner Critics and spill their ideas out onto the page. All levels of writers will find the interactive games and activities an irresistible invitation to start creating in a supportive setting. Our collaborative, energetic environment will lay the foundation for kids to let loose, find their writer’s voice, and let the words flow. Paper/pencil/pen, electronic devices such as laptops or tablets, as well as voice dictation software are all equally valid transcription methods to put ideas into writing during class.
- 12:50-1:00 Break Outside
- 1:00 – 1:55 Literature (Heather Hassell):
Instructors: Stephanie G, Renee J, Heather H, Andrea S
Minimum Required Enrollment: 7
Course Length: 4.5 hour class once per week/ 16 weeks / 72 hours / semester
Quarter 3 – 4.5 hour class once per week/ 8 weeks/ 36 hours
Quarter 4 – 4.5 hour class once per week/ 8 weeks/ 36 hours
Cost: $560 per semester, or $320 per quarter
$320.00 – $560.00