Inquisiminds Junior Academy Half-Day Program Grades K-3
Teacher: Julia Davis
Inquisiminds Junior Academy
This is a 4-hour, drop-off program for students in grades K-3. There will be two teachers in the classroom at all times and the program is capped at 10 students total. $270 + $15 supply fee per quarter for minimum enrollment of 5 students. Cost will be reduced if we get more than the minimum enrollment.
- 10:00-10:45 Literature (Julia Davis): The day will start with 45 minutes of literature covering high interest, fun books such as Five Little Monkeys, Clifford, Dr. Seuss, and Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Day. Topics such as rhyming, parts of a story, characterization, and cause and effect will be taught. Reading and writing skills are not required as all books will be read out loud in class and class work may be completed verbally, through pictures or words.
- 10:45-11:00 Break Outside when weather permits
- 11:00 -11:45 Fundamentals of Music Theory and Musicianship (Pious Honny): Music is fun! And understanding the fundamentals of music theory gives students a base for playing all kinds of music. In this class, I use a mixture of a piano keyboard, drums, flashcards and other media to engage students and start their path to becoming a musician. By the end of the course, students will: understand basic musical elements such as rhythm, intervals, keys, scales, chords and harmony, and know how to read written music, including the signs and terminology commonly used.
- 11:45-12:15 Lunch
- 12:15-1:00 Science (Airyn Ibanez): Botany adventure: Nature is astonishing! Explore plants and flowers with hands on activities. Kids will be able to plant their own plants/flowers and observe as they grow! From The basics of plants to dissecting and dying flowers, students will embark on a botany adventure! Class fee 15$
- 1:00-1:15 Break Outside when weather permits
- 1:15-2:00 Art (Jenny Payne): Students will use graphite, crayons, and watercolor paint, and chalk pastels on drawings to reinforce the science and literature topics they have learned. Students will work on a project using concepts learned from literature and science class that they can take home at the end of the quarter.
Instructor: Julia D, Airyn I, Pious H, Katie P
Minimum Required Enrollment: 5
Course Length: 4 hour class per week/ 9 weeks / quarter
Cost: $270 per quarter +$15 supply fee = $285