Junior Academy Half-Day Program Grades K-3, Friday
Teacher: Julia Davis
Inquisiminds Junior Academy, Grades K-3
This is a one-day per week, 4.5-hour drop-off program for students in grades K-3. The parent is not required to stay on campus during this time. There will be two teachers in the classroom at all times and all teachers have had a background check completed.
- 9:30-10:15 Science (Airyn Ibanez): Meteorology : Through experiments and hands-on activities, the kids will explore weather and the atmosphere in detail. They will learn about the seasons, air pressure, wind, clouds, rain, thunder, lightening, and much more!
- 10:15-10:45 Break
- 10:45 -11:30 Art (Airyn Ibanez): Students will explore and experiment with a wide variety of 2 and 3 dimensional materials and techniques, to create art projects to reinforce concepts learned in science and literature.
- 11:30 -12:00 Lunch
- Quarter 3: Literature (Mary Mleziva/Heather Hassell/ Renee Armour-Florea): Using such books as, The Story of Ping, The Man Who Sold the Shade, The Pout Pout Fish, and many more, we will explore the difference one’s perspective can have on one’s life. Hands on projects and manipulatives will allow for a multi sensory and multi disciplinary experience as we study the character(s) in each story. The theme of “perspective” will flow throughout the quarter, giving your child the hope and confidence to see the world around them as well as their own experiences with more of a “glass half full” perspective.
- Quarter 4: Math Games: Students will have fun playing games together as they practice their basic math skills. This class will reinforce skills such as single digit addition/subtraction up to 20, counting to 100, patterns, ordering/comparing numbers, simple fractions, and identifying/counting money. This class will give students the chance to practice skills that have been previously taught. Students will play board games, card games, teacher created games, and also some physical movement games.
- 12:45-1:00 Break
- 1:00-1:45 Fundamentals of Music Theory and Musicianship (Pious Honny/ Heather Seaton): Music is fun! And understanding the fundamentals of music theory gives students a base for playing all kinds of music. In this class, the instructor will use a mixture of a piano keyboard, drums, flashcards and other media to engage students and start their path to becoming a musician. By the end of the course, students will: understand basic musical elements such as rhythm, intervals, keys, scales, chords and harmony, and know how to read written music, including the signs and terminology commonly used.
- 1:45-2:00 Cleanup/Dismissal
Instructors: Heather S, Pious H, Renee J, Airyn I, Jenn M, Mary M, Heather H, Renee A-F
Minimum Required Enrollment: 7
Course Length: 4.5 hour class once per week/ 16 weeks / 72 hours / semester
Quarter 3 – 4.5 hour class once per week/ 8 weeks/ 36 hours
Quarter 4 – 4.5 hour class once per week/ 8 weeks/ 36 hours
Cost: $560 per semester, or $320 per quarter
$320.00 – $560.00