Junior Academy Half-Day Program Grades K-3, Tuesday
Teacher: Julia Davis
Inquisiminds Junior Academy, Grades K-3
This is a one-day per week, 4.5-hour drop-off program for students in grades K-3. The parent is not required to stay on campus during this time. There will be two teachers in the classroom at all times and all teachers have had a background check completed.
- 9:30-10:15 Science (Airyn Ibanez): Marine Biology: Explore animals of the sea like fish and sharks, along with tides, sea exploration, coral reefs, and seabirds.
- 10:15-10:45 Break
- 10:45 -11:30 Art (Airyn I): Students will use graphite, crayons, and watercolor paint, and chalk pastels on drawings to reinforce the science and literature topics they have learned. Students will work on a project using concepts learned from literature and science class that they can take home at the end of the quarter.
- 11:30 -12:00 Lunch
- 12:00-12:45 Quarter 1: Math Games (Julia Davis): Students will have fun playing games together as they practice their basic math skills. This class will reinforce skills such as single digit addition/subtraction up to 20, counting to 100, patterns, ordering/comparing numbers, simple fractions, and identifying/counting money. Students must have some knowledge of these skills as this class will not teach the concepts. This class will give students the chance to practice skills that have been previously taught. Students will play board games, card games, teacher created games, and also some physical movement games.
- 12:45-1:00 Break
- 1:00-1:45 Fundamentals of Music Theory and Musicianship (Pious Honny): Music is fun! And understanding the fundamentals of music theory gives students a base for playing all kinds of music. In this class, I use a mixture of a piano keyboard, drums, flashcards and other media to engage students and start their path to becoming a musician. By the end of the course, students will: understand basic musical elements such as rhythm, intervals, keys, scales, chords and harmony, and know how to read written music, including the signs and terminology commonly used.
- 1:45-2:00 Cleanup/Dismissal
Instructor: Julia D, Pious H, Airyn I
Minimum Required Enrollment: 7
Quarter 2 – 4.5 hour class once per week/ 7 weeks/ 31.5 hours
Cost: $280 per quarter
$280.00 – $490.00